It was a happy day this week when my copy of Dreaming with God arrived on my doorstep! I started to hug the UPS guy, but I didn’t want to startle him. :) That day was the first time I got to hold the book in my hands, and after dreaming with God about this book for so many years, it was truly a moment I’ll never forget! My husband (he’s the handsome man in the picture :)) actually made me wait until he and our sons and my parents and siblings and niece and nephews could all get together to open it together. So over chips, guacamole, hot sauce, etc., (we worked very hard not to spill hot sauce on the book!) we opened the package and passed it around. It got me SO excited for you gals to receive YOUR books in the mail!!!! If you’ve pre-ordered, you will receive your books on February 6th! And it’s never too late to pre-order! You will find the link below!
So next, I wanted to kind of let you know what to do when you get your book in the mail or when you purchase it in stores in February hopefully!
1. Do a happy dance!!!! Okay, really, START READING and ENJOYING your book!!! This book is not just a book about my story, it’s about YOUR journey of dreaming with God. So dive in, get your highlighters and pens out, dog-ear the pages, underline your favorite quotes, etc. My hope is that this book becomes a keepsake of your journey of dreaming with God. There are some reflection questions, prayers, and bible verses at the end of each chapter and space to write in the book. As one of my sons said, “Mom, people can write in this book!” He’s right! :) As a journaler myself, I love connecting with God through my pen, so I wanted to bring that aspect into the book. You definitely don’t have to be a journaler or even write in the book, but space is there if you want to! There’s also a section at the back of the book that I am particularly excited about called Final Notes of Encouragement. This is a fun way to end the book with a resource that you can always turn to for short, quick, notes of encouragement for your dreaming journey. I used ballet corrections that I have received over the years as the titles of these short devos and have related them to your dreaming journey. Also, there’s even a glossary of ballet terms at the back of the book for anybody who is not a ballet dancer! Fun! Enjoy the endorsements at the front of the book of women and authors who have been like mentors to me. Note, my favorite :) endorsement, is from my sister, Katie Norris. She has been such a precious source of encouragement this whole journey! Endorsements give the reader a glimpse of what’s to come in the book. I think you will enjoy them! One of my sons began reading the book and noted, “Mom, you talk about God a lot in this book!” So….you guys have been warned. :)
2. SHARE your book!!! Snap a photo of you and your book, your friends and your book, or just your book and share it on social media (#dreamingwithgodbook, @sarahbethmarr), shoot out an email to friends, family, your dance studio, your church, etc., or even keep it in your purse and show your friends and family! We kind of want to make a wave of sharing the book to get the next round of people who will be receiving their books in February or have yet to order….EXCITED!!!!
3. I’ll remind you of this later…. take five minutes the week of the launch to REVIEW the book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and/or Goodreads.
I wanted to address a few questions that have come up:
1. Who is this book for? Do you have to be a ballet dancer to read this book? :)
This book is for every woman in every season of life who longs to discover and walk in the dreams God has for her and who longs to grow closer to God. (young women, college age, singles, married, moms, wives, grandmothers, etc.) The audience for this book is ideally ages 15-100+. :) No, you do not have to be a ballet dancer or know anything about ballet to love this book!
2. Is this a good book for a book club or bible study or is it more of an individual read?
Both! This book is ideal for both individual or group studies. Individually this book will guide a gal’s heart closer to her Savior as she dreams with God, and it would also be so fun to do this as a group study where women could discuss the chapter each week and pray for each other’s dreams. Each chapter contains a section of reflection questions, prayers, and scripture!
3. When does the book release and how do I pre-order?
February 6th! Available for pre-order here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sarah+beth+marrThe book will be available everywhere books and ebooks are sold.
FUN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DALLAS, DFW, and SURROUNDING AREAS:
Watch for an announcement soon (I’ll email you guys) for a Barnes and Noble book signing in Dallas!!!!! Woot! Woot!!! I am so excited about this, but I need your help spreading the word to your family, friends, dance studio, church, etc. I would LOVE to see my DFW/TEXAS blog readers, friends, and family there and bring your friends and family! I would love to meet and greet (and hug!!!!) your friends and family and YOU!!! People can bring their books they have already received or purchase books there at Barnes and Noble! YAY!
One last update! My publisher is running a fun giveaway over on Goodreads! They are giving away 10 books! Here is the link to that and please share with your friends and family!
Okay, that’s all for today!!!! Thank you for taking the time to read this! Whether you’ve been following my blog for years or you’re just joining us, I just want you all to know how thankful I am for each and every one of you! Thank you for being here! Feel free to reply back to this email with questions, comments, or anything!!! And let me know when you get your books in February! YAY!!!
Love and grace,
Sarah Beth Marr